When you first try to connect the HP printer to your Windows PC or after the installation, the HP driver needs to start printing. As with hardware peripheral devices, HP printers also need proper devices first to be installed. In some cases, you might have to install drivers by yourself, and in others, you may have to download and install the right printer driver. In any case, the HP printer installation process is not the easiest and may involve errors. Below is a discussion of how to fix the errors through the offline printing fix when installing Windows 10 HP printer drivers.
Solution 1: Disable HP Smart Install
HP Smart Install refers to HP Printer software. Even if it is not supported on HP, it creates driver installation problems. Therefore, uninstalling HP Smart Install will fix this problem if you see a fatal error when installing the HP Printer driver. You can follow these steps to remove it.
- Visit Setup and then Service on the computer of your printer.
- Select HP Smart Install and check that the feature is disabled.
- Now go ahead and install the driver to see if the error is fixed by disabling the feature.
Solution 2: Run your Windows Troubleshooter
Windows 10 is equipped with a built-in troubleshooter that allows users to fix any existing problems on their own. It can identify and fix several issues on your computer. Try and fix the printer by following these instructions:
- Choose Settings. Choose Security and Update.
- Get the troubleshoot tab down. Check the “Get up and running” section and click “Printer.” Click Run the Troubleshooter button to proceed.
- The troubleshooter checks all common problems which could affect the functions of the printer like the Spooler printer.
- If found, you will be asked to allow the required settings to resolve the issue.
If the problem exists, cancel the troubleshooter and take the following steps.
Solution 3: Disconnect the printer and reconnect
After you disconnect the printer, you should try to reconnect it. This will solve the problem in some cases.
Next, turn the printer off and unplug the computer. Allow a couple of seconds for the printer to reconnect. This time, use a different USB port. The USB ports can also cause errors.
Solution 4: Remove the Printer from Control Panel
Another possible solution is to remove any printer from the control panel specified. You will also need to remove drivers from your system’s printers that can be installed. You can take the following steps.
- Select Control Panel. Select Control Panel. You can enter this by simply typing Control Panel and selecting it from the results on the Cortana / search bar.
- Below Hardware and Audio, select View Devices and Printers.
- Choose one of the HP Printer described and pick System removal.
- Restart the device after it has been removed.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter the command below and then press OK: Printui.exe / s
- The Printer Server Property window opens. Select the Drivers tab and pick one of the HP printers mentioned above. Then hit the Remove button.
- Select driver and driver package options and then click OK.
Confirm one more time by installing the driver. If it still exists, restart your computer and try it again.
Solution 5: Stop Print Spooler Service
Another way to fix a fatal error while installing the HP printer is to avoid using the Print Spooler feature from the Services window. You can delete the files in the Spool folder once you do this. Follow the steps below to complete this process.
- Choose the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time. Then type “Services.msc” and press the “Enter” button.
- This will open the Services window. In this list, find the Printer Spooler.
- Right-click the option “Printer Spooler” select “Stop.” Please exit the Services window.
- Go back to the Run dialog box and type Spool before hitting Enter.
- Remove all the contents of this folder. If the administrator’s permission is required, select OK.
- Select the Services window again through the Run dialog box and open the Print Spooler service. Right-click on it, and then click Start.
Try rerunning the driver installation package and check for improved performance.
Printers are the unavoidable components of any office. For them, a variety of goals may have been left unfulfilled. When your HP Printer displays a fatal error or troubleshooting printer issues when the driver is mounted, there are many solutions as above. Use these instructions and get your printer running smoothly.