Upgrading to Windows 10 can bring a host of issues you’ve never had to deal with before, such as bugs, widespread and frequent incompatibility, and relative sluggishness if you’ve come across Windows 7. You’ve probably grown used to the inferior quality of Microsoft’s latest OS so far. However, the problematic nature of the OS can be seen in other areas, such as the functioning of your HP printer.
Windows 10 printing issues are infamous for serious work, but a few troubleshooting steps can overcome the majority of them. Below are a few steps that can help you deal with HP printing issues in Windows 10.
Make sure all updates to Windows are installed.
If your system has been downloading and installing an update, make sure it’s completed. This includes software and drivers that are important when dealing with a printer issue. If an update has not been installed or downloaded, it may appear as a technical issue in your printer. See that all vital drivers have been updated to allow the connected devices to work seamlessly with your PC.
Check the Print Spooler Service
- Head to Services. Check here to see if the spooler service is running.
- If the service appears to be ON but is not working, try stopping and restarting it.
- Make sure the spooler service is the inactive mode.
Reinstall the HP Printer Driver
If the above methods have not solved your Windows 10 printing problems, the next move is to uninstall and reinstall the printer software and driver.
- Go to Start and open the Control Panel.
- Inside the Control Panel, locate, select and uninstall the HP printer software. Remove it from the PC altogether.
- Reinstall the software by opening the installer file and following the prompts of the wizard.
- When this is done, reinstall the drivers one by one, making sure that you set up the ones that are compatible with the OS version.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP provides a software tool with its printers that you can use to troubleshoot relevant issues. It’s called HP Print and Scan Doctor, and the latest version can be downloaded online for free. Whatever the problem you may have, this software is hopefully going to solve it.
If the above methods have not resolved your Windows 10 printing problems, call for advanced technical support. Certified experts can identify the reason behind the issue of the HP printer and solve it within a minimum of time.