Offline Printer Issue
No one would want the status of an Epson printer to show offline on a Windows PC, just like any other printer brand, to ensure productive printing needs. It can happen mostly due to the misconfiguration of printers in Windows or due to bugs in the Epson printer program bundled. Nonetheless, take the following steps to troubleshoot the printer issue and restore its Windows status online.
Turn Off Use Printer Offline in Windows
- To start the Run dialog box, press and hold Windows and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Click the Enter key in the control panel
- Click on Control Panel Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on Epson printer in the new window and then See printing.
- Click on the Printer from the toolbar, and make sure that there is no tick mark next to the Printer Offline option. If you have a selection, click it to disable it.
- Click the Printer again and click the option to configure it as the default printer.
- Close this window and see if the status has changed back to what it should be like.
Download the Driver from Epson Printer Support Site
The step above should get the printer back online, but not if it’s a corrupt printer driver that displays its status offline in Windows. To resolve these issues, download the latest driver software update from the support page of the Epson printer. If you download the driver from the website, follow the steps below to install it on Windows again.
Reinstall your Epson Printer in Windows
- Start Run by pressing and holding Windows and R down
- Run key in msc and press Enter.
- Right-click the Device Manager window Printers button, right-click the Epson printer and press Uninstall from the popup menu.
- Then, open Devices and Printers by navigating the same way you mentioned it, and click Add a Printer.
- Click Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth printer in the next dialog box.
- Depending on the type of printer in Epson, add the driver software in Windows.
- Restart your PC after that and see if you can use a forward-looking printer.
If you find any confusion in the above steps or for any other printer queries, please get in touch with Epson Printer Support Professionals.