Spooler error 0x800706b9 is one of the common printer problems reported by users. This comes with a message that states, “There are not enough resources available to complete the operation.”
Check your Computer for Malware
Make it a point to perform a complete scan of any malicious programs or files on your computer. Several users reported that the spooler issue was also due to malware infection. Check your system and remove malware to fix it.
Create a new user account
This is also likely that a compromised user account has also caused the error. Repairing one of these accounts is a complicated and time-consuming task; thus, it is generally easy to create a new account. Follow the steps below to create one on your Windows computer.
- Open Settings You can press Windows, and I keys to access the app at the same time quickly.
- Select Family & Other People Then click Add someone else to this button on your PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s login information, and select Allow a user without a Microsoft account.
- The key to your preferred username and password. Once you have typed the information, click Next.
- After you have created a user account, you can turn to the account and verify that the issue is still there. When you don’t, you need to transfer your files to the account and use it instead of the old one.
Modify your Register
Sometimes the issue can arise due to specific settings. You can only access them through the Windows Registry. Therefore, you must change it to resolve the problem. Follow the steps below to make registry changes.
- Click the Windows and R keys to open the Run dialog box at the same time, type the regedit and click the OK button or press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet and open Services > Spooler
- You can export and use this key as a backup if required.
- Double-click on the DependOnService
- Then, remove http from Value data and click on the OK
When you’ve made these changes, reboot your device and check to see if the problem remains. Many users reported that this one worked, so you could also try to solve printer problems.
As per user, the spooler error can be corrected by resetting the application programming interface ( API). You only have to execute a request in Windows Command Prompt to do so.
- At the same time, press the Windows and X keys to open the Win + X menu. Then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Once it starts, type the Winsock net reset and press Enter.
- Then restart your computer.
Check to see if the problem continues. Move to the next move if it does.
Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter Tool
When you get the error, you can resolve it by running the built-in troubleshooter. The Windows OS comes with several built-in tools and can be used to fix printer problems. Follow the steps listed below to run it.
- Open the Settings application, navigate to Update & Security, and select Troubleshoot.
- Then, select Printer, and then click Run Troubleshooter.
- The process will start and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
When this is completed, check to see if the problem is resolved.
Stop the Spooler Service
To fix this problem, it is also advised to restart the print spooler service as well as delete certain files from your device. It’s kind of easy to do with the following steps.
- Tap on the Windows and R primary key, the.msc key on the run dialog box, and click Enter.
- Locate Print Spooler from the list of services. To do this, all you need to do is click on any service and press P before Print Spooler is highlighted.
- Then right-click the Print Spooler icon and select Stop from the Shortcut menu.
- Then, minimize the system Services.
- Open File Explorer, go to C: WindowsSystem32spool, and open the PRINTERS folder. When the confirmation message appears, click Start.
- When you open PRINTERS, select all files and delete them from the tab, and close the File Explorer.
- Go back to the Minimized Services screen, right-click Print Spooler, and select Start from the shortcut menu.
Other Troubleshooting Steps
- Perform System Restore: If the issue has recently begun, you can be able to fix it by clocking the system back to the previous restore stage.
- Update your Printer Drivers: In certain situations, a problem can arise if your printer drivers are out of date. You can use this for troubleshooting printer problems, like this one. You simply have to visit the website of your Printer Manufacturer, download and install the new printer driver by following the instructions.
If you ever experience 0x800706b9 error or need some printer technical support services, contact printer support professionals.