If you have a Lexmark printer that is not working properly, the best thing you can do is to reset the printer. Resetting the printer also resolves the problem of random blinking and is a process that can easily update and reboot the printer. Read this article if you are looking for steps that will help you reset the Lexmark printer.
Follow the steps below :
- location of Cancel button-first step calls for the location of the Cancel button.
- Press and Release Cancel button-In this step, the cancel button will be pressed and held for 5 seconds and then released.
- Reset Printer-The above step will automatically lead to the reset of the printer.
- Blinking of lights-The lights would blink in this step.
- Restart of printer-Once the printer stops blinking, and the printer will restart.
- Successful reset-As all of the above steps are successfully executed; this will lead to a reset of the printer.
Things to do before you reset the printer :
Before you move to reset the printer, there are a few steps you can take-
- Restart printer-You need to restart your printer by turning it off and on. Before you turn to reset, you must restart your printer first, as a simple restart can help you solve printer issues.
- Feed waste paper-Once the printer has been restarted, you should not feed a new sheet of paper into it. This is because, in most cases, after restarting, the printer will print a test page.
Practice the above steps and reset your Lexmark printer properly. You should try to solve the printer issue first by restarting the same thing. If the proper process persists, the reset process should be applied.