If your Epson printer shows you the “Printer Maintenance Required” warning message and you know it works fine, you can reset the printer to get rid of that message. There are three different ways to reset the printer to the factory settings. To include comprehensive details about how to reset the Epson printer to the factory settings, we will discuss all three methods here.
Method 1: Using the Printer Control Panel
To reset the printer using this method, you need to follow the following steps:
- Open the Settings menu on the Print Control Panel by pressing the Home button.
- Use the left and right buttons to open the Setup menu. Next, press the OK button.
- I am using the left and right navigation buttons to find the Reset Default Settings option and click the OK button.
- In the same way, use the up and down navigation buttons to find the Network Settings Reset and press the OK button.
- Restart the printer.
Now, you’ve successfully reset your printer to its factory settings.
Method 2: Using the Reset Button
All Epson printer models have a factory reset button on the back of the printer body to reset the printer to factory settings. The steps to reset the printer using this method are:
- Turn off the printer with the power button.
- Click a pin and keep down the Reset button at the back of the printer.
- Switch on the printer, then keep down the Reset button for a minimum of 5 seconds.
- After a warning page has been released, click the Reset button. After a few seconds, another file will be printed with the printer’s default IP address.
- Use this IP address to reconfigure the printer to your computer system.
This method takes a couple of minutes to reset the printer to the factory and is often used.
Method 3: Using the Epson Adjustment Program
This method is useful if the printer’s buttons are not working. It takes a little more time to reset the printer using this method, but the process is very easy to follow. The following steps to Reset Epson Printer to Factory Settings are:
- Download and install the most current version of the Epson Improvement Software on your computer system.
- Open the Epson Adjustment Program on your computer system.
- Click the Choose button to make the required selections.
- In the Select menu, select the printer model number and the port where the printer is connected to the computer system.
- Click the OK button.
- The Adjust and Maintenance window will be opened. Select the option Waste Ink Pad Counter in the Maintenance section.
- Click the OK button.
- Now, check the Main Ink Pad Counter option and then click the Initialize button in the bottom right corner.
- To finish the reset process, click the Finish button.
- Restart the printer to make the settings effective.
You have now successfully completed the reset process of your printer.