Are you still unfamiliar with the concept of a Chromebook laptop? Well, it started as a low-priced replacement for conventional laptops, and eventually became very popular thanks to its ultra-light OS and highly mobile design. Nowadays, you can select from a variety of Chromebooks, ranging from advanced models with high-speed displays and fast processor lighting to fundamental models. What makes Chromebook different from other laptop PCs is the Chrome operating system, designed to use web applications and cloud storage instead of loading programs and files onto an internal hard drive. And you’ve got a new category of laptop that’s thin, lightweight, and running on Google’s minimal Chrome OS, based on Linux open-source.
Now let’s take a look at How to Print From Chromebook to HP Printer:
- Connect a printer to the Chromebook: add a printer to your Chromebook with a wireless or USB cable connect to complete the setup. You don’t need an app or drivers for it. Make sure the Chromebook is updated to the latest Chrome OS version, the printer activated, tin cartridges installed, and plain paper loaded to the main tile.
- Then plug the USB printer into the Chromebook, or wireless Print the printer close to Chromebook in the Wi-Fi router range, and then connect the printer to the local Wi-Fi network.
- Click the clock on the Chromebook’s lower right corner, and then press the Settings button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on ‘Printers’ and then press ‘Connect Printers’ in the ‘Printing’ section. If this option is shown on your printer, click it and then click Add. If you do not get this window, click on ‘Connect Manually’ and then follow the printer instructions.
- In the last step, you can open the item you want to print, click on the settings icon for the Chrome browser and then select Print. Choose Shift next to the destination and then pick your printer.
- In the final step, change the printing settings from Chromebook to HP Printer, then click Print.
In addition, you can also check out the following installation and setup options for how to print from Chromebook to HP Printer:
- HP Print for the Chrome app: supports printing through the Chrome browser to USB and network-connected printers.
- Google Cloud Print: this allows you to print anywhere, from any web or mobile device connected.