Present-day computer users know the actual value of printers. Whether it’s for office use or printing your child’s next morning project – you always need a smart, technologically advanced printer to support Wi-Fi or Bluetooth printing without creating a lot of trouble. Like HP, Brother, Canon, Epson has created a ripple on the market by designing, manufacturing, and displaying some of the smartest printers in the inkjet or laserjet categories.
Being a regular computer and printer user-you must be aware that the cartridges need to be replaced with the original cartridges soon after the ink is removed from the barrels. The original cartridges are also recommended to reduce the possibility of sophisticated printers. Try to stay miles away from refilling printers from local markets, as they may be threatening your amazing printers.
If you ever notice that the black ink cartridge needs to be replaced now that you’re in the middle of a dangerous job, you can use the color cartridges as monochromes without having to face a lot of trouble. You can also consider following the same step-if you fall short of cash but want to print with an existing cartridge. Know how to print Epson printer without black ink here.
Check the steps given below, follow them and use the remaining ink for the next set of monochrome printing —
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on ‘Printers & Devices’
- Select your printer brand and right-click it to open the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Properties’
- In ink, Set click the ”Color ‘option
- If the black ink cartridge is empty, click on the ‘color’ option
- Click to Apply
When your Epson Printer is running out of black ink, these are the most straightforward steps to run the printer in a monochrome.
For Windows users
- Stop printing or stop running the printing queue
- Navigate to ‘Printers and Devices’ to select an Epson Printer
- Now, go to the Quality Option, where you need to click Plain Paper as your Type Settings
- Visit the Print option and check the Grayscale option from there. This step will restrict printing from your Epson printer to monochrome only.
- Click OK now.
- You will see a monochrome indicator flashed on your monitor. This signal will make you understand that the change has been accepted by the system and will perform the same thing.
So, like this, you can quickly turn your Epson printer color into a monochrome printer.
For mac users
- Cancel printing process or stop printing queue
- Go to the Epson Printer Utility and open the dialog box.
- From Driver Settings, click “Allow temporary black printing.”
- Visit Print Settings
- Click Plain Paper for Media Type Settings
- Choose to select Grayscale.
- Click OK
By following these steps, your MAC will start producing monochrome printouts even when the Epson printer is running out of black ink.