Does your Ricoh printer face an error code SC542? Ricoh Printers are popular for their powerful printing and helping to deliver the best print quality on the market. Fix Ricoh Printer Error Sc542 depicts the problem of the temperature of the fuse as well as of the printer, which is becoming significantly hot. This issue allows the printer non-functional for a long time even when the printer switch is turned on.
A Complete Guide to Fix Error Sc542
There are many reasons behind the SC542 error code in the Ricoh Printer as there may be an issue with the fusion of thermistor, i.e., it may have become defective or out of position. This error can also occur if the connection to the fusing device, which is either not correct or the thermal fuse or fusing lamp, is left open. Other than this, there could be an issue with the power supply board to which the printer is connected.
Now, if you’re looking for an answer to How to Repair Ricoh Printer Error Sc542, you ‘re in the right place. Below are some essential steps that you need to follow so that you can enjoy printing your documents from the Ricoh Printer again:
Method 1: The repair of the error by a simple technique
- In the first step, you need to press the yellow key in color to indicate simple modes.
- After that, you have to click the number 107 on your keyboard.
- Now you need to press as well as hold the button that says stop open.
- Later, press the copy-SP key and, after a few minutes, open the front door of the printer to check if you can use it for printing.
- Click the switch on and off on the left side. You should shut the printer door after that.
- You should start your printer as this technique should have resolved the error code.
Method 2: Repair the error using the Arrow Keys
- Start the method by pressing the escape key and holding it and the online key together.
- Now turn on the printer and start using the up / down arrow keys to find the SP2 option and hit the enter key to select the option.
- Now repeat the second step, but this time to locate the SP5 option and strike the enter key to select the option.
- After this, you need to find 810 by using the up / down arrow keys and click enter.
- When the selections are completed, reaffirm them and turn off the printer.
- Finally, switch to the printer to check if there is still an error that would have been removed for sure.
These two approaches would certainly have helped to correct Ricoh Printer’s sc542 error. However, if the error code still exists, you will contact a technician to fix the issue by providing technical assistance of quality. Also, please test all power supply connections as it has an important role to play in solving the problem so that you can use your Ricoh Printer again.