If you have a Ricoh printer that shows the above error, you can use the following methods to fix the Ricoh Printer Error J001.
Method 1- Cleaning the printer
Because a tiny scrap of paper can cause this error, therefore, this step aims at cleaning the printer. The steps are as follows in this method are-
- Turn on your printer by clicking on the power button
- Unplug the printer power cord
- Disconnect the other cables connected to your printer
- Get a bright flashlight
- Open every tray, lid, paper feed, and so on, and use the flashlight to see for any object present.
- If any dust and debris is found, all of them should be gently cleaned.
- Connect the cables
- Plugin the power cord of the printer
- Turn to the printer by clicking on the power button.
- See if the printer is printing or not.
If the above method is unable to solve the problem, you can use the next process.
Method 2- Blow compressed air
The purpose of this method is to move compressed air to clean the dirt. Steps to be taken are-
- Open the printer doors and blow the compressed air over the paper tray.
- Try to blow air into the dirt-cleaning sensing devices accumulated over them because of the paper dirt.
This method will work if your sensing device is not working because of paper dirt.
Method 3- Passing air inside feed roller
This method blows the air on the feed roller. The steps to be taken under this method are-
- Locate the feed roller – The feed roller is responsible for feeding the paper to the computer and is clear when the paper tray is removed. The first step, therefore, is to locate the feed roller by removing the paper tray. This roller is big and gray with gouges across it. The paper lies on this roller.
- Blowing Air-Once the roller is placed, the goal is to blow air into the same.
Method 4- Cleaning the roller
During this process, the roller is cleaned as one of the potential explanations for this problem may be the dust inside the roller. If you have a D-ink or rubber rejuvenator, a lint-free towel can be used to clean the roller.
Method 5- Scanning Computer
During this process, the device is scanned using the Windows Registry Repair tool. Often, there is a possibility that you may need to boot your computers to complete the scanning activity.
Method 6- Talk to the experts.
If you’re unable to fix the error even though all the above steps have been taken, you can speak to the experts. You need to dial Ricoh printer customer service number to have the best assistance.
So practice the methods and print with your high-quality Ricoh printer without any error. There’s a query on how to fix Ricoh Printer Error J001 answered.