Ricoh is one of the world’s most popular manufacturers of advanced printers and scanners. Despite the latest technology, there are times that printers often send error messages with specific codes when doing printing work. One of the common codes that most Ricoh users have often come across is SC 899. This particular error code is seen when the computer gets a print job done with a specific version of the Internet Explorer or adobe browser plug-in. But don’t worry if you, too, have experienced this situation. We have the answer to ‘How to repair the SC 899 printer error code for Ricoh? “And trust us, it’s a piece of cake. Let’s go through this article and get all your answers to crack the Ricoh printer error code. Here we go:
Solution # 1 Disconnect the Ricoh Printer Network Cable
- So this will be your first step of the solution no. 1. Disconnect the Ricoh network printer cable.
- The next step will be to enter the service mode.
- You will need to click the buttons in order after [Reset], then , then , then , followed by [clear].
- Long press the [clear] button. The SP menu will be displayed.
- Now you’re going to have to press the ‘SP system’ button.
- Go to the new menu where you will need to extend the section identified as SP 5XXX.
- Scroll down the pages until you see 5801—Memory Clear. Now expand this label.
- You can now press the ‘Printer Application’ submenu 8.
- Click the Execute button on the right side.
- It will clear the memory of the Ricoh printer.
- The printer will now give you the command to turn off and finish the process.
- Your next step will be to restart your computer.
- You’ll see the error code is finally gone.
- To confirm this, you can give a print command again.
- The issue has to be fixed. If not, check out the solution # 2 below.
Solution # 2 Restart your printer
We have done it many times with our cell phones and other devices when they stop working. Restarting your device is a good idea to get rid of any problem. We will also apply the same basic solution to the Ricoh printer. And trust me, it works in a lot of cases.
- Turn off your printer.
- Unplug completely from all the sockets.
- You can also unplug your printer from your computer system.
- Plug-in again.
- And restart the printer machine again.
Now you can see that the printer machine is no longer displaying the same error code. The error has been fixed without any problems.
The above solutions for fixing Ricoh printer error code SC 899 are very easy, quick, but easy ways to keep your business lifeline still working effectively.