How to Fix Ricoh Printer Authentication Error
Ricoh’s has contributed outstanding printers to individuals and businesses alike. However, these printers are also affected by unique unknown / known errors that impede their service. A prevalent error occurred in the Ricoh Printer Authentication Error.’ Such an error occurs when there is an issue with your credentials, e.g., your e-mail address or password. It could also be the case that the credential stored on the printer is most likely out of date, usually, provided that the account used has changed the password. The error message will appear on the control panel when the document feeder is used to scan or print files.
Steps to fix Authentication Error
Fortunately, there is a plethora of quick-fix solutions. Here’s a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting the error!
Solution 1: Check your login credentials
- Ensure that the username and password you have given is appropriate and that it exists.
- Check that your username, as well as your destination folder password, are right.
- Passwords with a minimum length of 128 (more preferred) characters should be entered as they can not be identified.
Solution 2: Get in contact with your administrator.
Get in contact with your administrator and ask for the appropriate username and password information.
Solution 3: Using the following method to register user authentication information in the printer driver.
- In the ‘Start’ menu, click ‘Control Panel’ and then press ‘Printers and Faxes’ in the ‘Printers and Other Hardware’ category. Now the ‘Printers and Faxes’ window will appear.
- Select the icon for this printer, and then select ‘Properties’ in the File window. The Print Property dialog box will appear.
- Select the ‘App Settings’ tab and then press ‘Settings’ in the ‘Accessories’ window.
- Choose the ‘Advanced Options’ menu list.
- Select ‘Confirm the authentication information when printing.’ Also, to encrypt the password, select ‘Encrypt’ and enter the encryption key for the user.
- Choose ‘OK
- If the ‘Confirm Driver Encryption Key’ dialog appears, re-enter the same encryption key, then press ‘OK.’ The printer property dialog will appear again.
- Click on the ‘General’ tab and then select ‘Print Preferences.’ The ‘Print Preferences’ dialog will appear.
- Select ‘Properties.’ The Print Preferences dialog will appear.
- Now, in the menu list, click ‘Work Options.’
- Enter the user name and password in the ‘User Authentication’ box, then press ‘OK.’ If the user code authentication is allowed, enter the user code containing up to eight digits in the ‘User Authentication’ box.
- A login password is not necessary if user code authentication is enabled.
- Re-enter the same password, then select ‘Yes.’
- Finally, double click “OK.”
Now you know how to repair Ricoh Printer Authentication Error has occurred. If the problem continues, contact the manufacturer’s toll-free number, and they will fix the issue accordingly.