Many businesses in the country probably depend on computer printers to meet their regular work targets and monthly business goals. Nowadays, any business that needs to conduct without a printer and a computer is always considered to be old-fashioned, both by customers and competitors. So, the best way to use these two devices is to help you increase the productivity of your employees.
Unfortunately, several small businesses often fail to recognize the need to use modern printers and continue to rely on old printers. One of the key issues with old-age computer printers is that they are too sluggish. Modern printers can offer a speed of 100 sheets per minute, which means that you will be able to print tons of documents in just a few hours. So it’s best to invest in a state-of-the-art computer printer that comes with fresh, convenient features and options.
Also, most businesses that use old computer printers will face several printer issues at regular intervals. If this is the case, you may need to seek the aid of expert Canon printer repair technicians to solve the problem. Luckily, you can easily avoid such difficulties by switching to a new computer printer.
Two Copies of Printing Issue
Many computer printer users who updated their Windows 10 operating system complained that their printer still prints two copies every time they run a print job. Computer printer bugs such as printer not reacting to bugs and multiple copies are very popular and can be easily fixed by a few easy troubleshooting steps.
If you’re new to the world of printer troubleshooting, get help from a Canon printer repair technician. Computer users who have a vague understanding of how to address printer printing multiple copies error and printer not responding error should take the following troubleshooting steps.
Change the Number of Copies
- Click the Windows button on your keyboard, and then click the search box in the Control Panel. Click the Control Panel option and proceed to the next step.
- Find the Hardware and Sound option in the Control Panel window, and then select it.
- You will now need to find the Devices and Printer choice on the next screen.
- Click on Printer Properties, and then select Copy Number. When the number of copies is set to 2, alter the number to 1.
You will now need to run a test print job to see whether the printer is printing two copies error is fixed. If not, proceed to the following troubleshooting step.
Uncheck Activate Bi-directional Support
- Go to the Control Panel on your computer as described above, and navigate to Hardware and Sound > Computers and Printers.
- Right-click on the name of the printer you are using on your computer. Choose Printer Server Properties, then select Ports from the options.
- You will now need to check whether the Allow Bidirectional Support feature is enabled. If this is the case, uncheck it and then click Apply to confirm your decision.
If your printer problem is not also solved, proceed to the next troubleshooting process.
Set up the new Printer Driver
- Go to the Devices and Printers screen and click the Add Printer button Once you click the option, the Add device or printer option will appear on the screen of your device.
- Computer users who can not see their printer will need to click the printer that I want not listed Then select Add a local printer or network printer and click Next.
- Now you can select the port where you want to use your printer and press Next to proceed to the next step.
- Select Windows Update and select your printer name. If your printer is not present in the results, you will need to go back to Find a printer with other options. Find the printer and install all necessary updates to correct your printer issues.
If you have already tried all of the above troubleshooting steps, but have not yet fixed the printer, you should contact our expert Canon printer repair team. You will control your PC remotely and fix all the annoying printer problems in a matter of minutes. Also, they should take steps to avoid these printer errors from occurring in future.