The printer problem can be frustrating on Windows and can cost you a lot of time and money. The printer not responding to a problem is one of Windows 10 users’ main problems. You can, however, solve this problem using various approaches such as those discussed below.
Check your Printer Connections
The first thing you have to do is check all connections to your printer. Check that they are connected to your laptop or desktop properly. If you have several printers linked via USB ports to your device, try connecting the printer to another USB port. For Wi-Fi printers, check for the authenticity and connectivity of your Wi-Fi network, because many times, the printer can not detect the exact name of your network.
Run the Printer Troubleshooting
Run the Windows 10 printer troubleshooter to fix a printer that doesn’t respond to a problem.
- Open the in-built Windows 10 troubleshooter by pressing the Win + R keyboard shortcut.
- Once the troubleshooter is opened, enter the exe / id Diagnostic Printer and choose Return. In the next window that will open, click the Advanced button and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, press the Next button to detect printer issues by scanning.
The Printer Device Driver Update
One of the main reasons that your printers may not work is the faulty or outdated device drivers. Although Windows updates the driver automatically, checking it manually is always better. It is particularly useful when the automatic Windows Update feature has not been disabled. Follow the steps to update the device driver of your printer.
- Open the digital assistant Cortana in Windows 10 and enter Devices and Printers into it. This will allow you to open the Control Panel tab directly, where you can see all of your printers.
- If there is a yellow exclamation mark near any of your printers or if it doesn’t appear at all, you need to update the driver for that printer. You can also find the number and name of the printer model here; please note this down.
- Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and download the latest printer driver according to the model number and name you mentioned earlier. You can do this by entering the Printer Device Driver in the search box.
- Run and install the device driver correctly.