If your printer is not detected when you set up your software program, one of the errors below the pop up:
- Printer not found
- No devices found
- Your printer has not been seen on your wireless network
- Unable to find the printer
So you might be looking for an offline printer to fix or two that will work to resolve the issue. Rest assured, there are a few ways to solve printer problems.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver and Software
Some components of the software may have been incorrectly installed, even if the printer setup failed. Uninstall and reinstall it to clear up any possible problems.
- Disable your USB cable from your printer if required.
- Search the Control Panel on Windows OS, and open it.
- Under Programs and Features or Programs, click Uninstall a program to open a list of Windows programs.
- Click on the printer name to open the Uninstall Confirmation screen, and click Yes to complete the software removal process.
- Ensure that your printer is on, that its cartridges are installed, and that the paper is loaded into its main tray.
- Go to the website of your printer manufacturer to download the driver or application for your OS version. Please make it a point to download the correct printer model number driver and install it on your system by following the steps. Then follow the steps to set up a printer connection.
- Then try to get a printout. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Fix your Printer Connection
Troubleshoot connection problems with USB or network-connected printers. If your system is unable to detect your printer through a wireless connection, reboot your system, restart the other device and router, and make a new connection.
- After you turn off your printer, wait 10 seconds, and disconnect the power cord from it.
- Turn off your PC, then.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer and turn it back on.
- Then disconnect the power cord of your router, wait ten seconds, and connect it back to the device.
- Turn your system on, finally. This makes your printing device and network ready for a new connection.
- Then connect your printer to the network by following the instructions in your printer’s user manual or manufacturer’s site.
- Then print a wireless report to see if your printer is working.
Uninstall Printer Driver
If your PC can not detect the USB, restart your printer, machine, and check the USB connection.
- After you turn off your computer and printer, disconnect the cable from your PC.
- Check for damage; replace it if the USB cable is damaged.
- Also, check its length. If it is more than 3 meters, then replace a shorter USB cable.
- Attach it to another device port. This must be USB 2.0 or higher. If you use a USB port, remove it from the port and directly connect it to your computer. Make sure both ports are safe.
- Turn your system on, and wait until the startup is complete.
- Turn on your printer, then. Wait for the new device to be installed on Windows.
If your PC is unable to detect this via an Ethernet connection, check your network cables as well as the connection.
- Turn off your printer, disconnect the cable from your router, and check the condition of the cable.
- If the Ethernet cable is damaged, replace it.
- Ensure that both ports are fully secured.
- Confirm that it is an Ethernet cable, not a telephone cable. Phone and Ethernet cables look the same but are of different sizes.
- Connect the cable to a different LAN or Ethernet port on your router. Don’t connect to your internet port.
- Turn the printer on.
- Confirm the connection by checking the lights on your printer’s Ethernet port. The green colour link light must be steady, and the orange light must blink when the Ethernet cable is connected.
- Then, take a printout of the Network Configuration Page to confirm the network status. Make sure it’s shown as Ready.
Service or replace your printer if the issue has not been fixed despite trying all of the above steps. Approach the right party as to whether or not you have a warranty or are currently out of the warranty period. For all questions related to the printer, please contact our Printer Support Professionals via the above mentioned toll-free number.