The first thing to do if the printer fails to print a document is to double-check that the connections are working properly. So, before troubleshooting printer issues related to PDF files, you can unplug the printer cable from the USB hub and plug it directly into the USB port of your device. Following that, turn off the printer and restart it after thirty seconds to begin printing the PDF file again.
Also, make sure that the printer driver and Adobe software are up-to-date. If not, download and install the latest updates from the printer supplier and the Adobe website, and then restart the device. If you can not print a PDF document after following the above steps, follow the steps below to resolve PDF printing issues.
Print as Image
This can happen if a PDF file is either corrupted or has damaged content such as fonts or photos that Acrobat failed to process when printing. Also, if the PDF is imported from other document files, it can be corrupted. Still, you can bypass that in the software by sending a print job to the printer as an image. For that, follow the steps below.
- Select a PDF file, select Print, and press Advanced Note that the location of the Advanced button varies from Adobe Acrobat to Adobe Reader.
- In the Advanced Print Setup dialog, the tick mark next to Print as Image If you are using Adobe Reader, you can see this option in the bottom left corner of Advanced Print Setup. However, if you are printing a PDF file via Adobe Acrobat, this option can be displayed in the Settings dialog at the top of the Advanced Print Setup dialog.
- After selecting Print as Image, click OK to close the dialog box and confirm printing again.
Reconvert the PDF File
If you can not print as an image, try to recreate the PDF from your source file. For that;
- Open the source file for a page layout or a word processing application on your respective software program.
- Choose File from your toolbar or menu bar, click Print and save it in the system as PDF.
- Open a new PDF file and try printing it again.
If you still have a problem or need assistance with any other printer problems, contact technology support professionals for troubleshooting printer problems in Windows or other operating systems.