Thinking on how to fix the issue of Officejet Pro 8600 cartridge? You can certainly take a few steps to get the issue fixed minus any hassles. This problem is usually followed by an Ink System Error warning that appears on your printer’s control panel, and you won’t be able to print anything the same. The first thing you need to check is whether you are using cartridges that are HP compatible with your printer or not. Often use HP cartridges that are genuine and authentic. If your cartridge is not compatible, purchase a replacement from the HP Store or any authorized local store.
If this does not fix the problem, you should try to reset your printer by following the following steps:
- Turn on your printer and wait until it’s quiet and idle.
- Disconnect the power cord at the back, as well as the one in the wall outlet.
- Wait for more than 60 seconds and then plug both cords into their original positions.
- Turn your printer on if it does not turn on automatically.
If this doesn’t fix the problem, you ‘re going to have to move on to other steps.
More information on how to fix Officejet Pro 8600 cartridge problem
You can try removing the ink cartridges to fix the problem. You can follow these steps easily:
- Make sure you slide your fingers into the slot on the left side and pull forward to make the cartridge access door open quickly.
- Wait until the printer goes silent and idle until it continues.
- Push the front portion of the cartridges to release them and bring the cartridge back towards you for removal.
- Close the access door and then test the error messages on the control panel screen.
You can also clean your ink cartridge electrical contacts if the above method does not work. Make sure that you use a dry and thoroughly clean cloth free from lint or even a cotton swab and use bottled/distilled water for washing. Get the cloth moistened and clean the copper-coloured contacts gently. Removal and reinstallation can sometimes solve the problem.
You can also update the printer firmware. Download the update from the official HP site and install it for your printer. Here are the steps that need to be followed:
- Click the ePrint symbol on your printer’s control panel.
- The printer will connect to the HP ePrint server accordingly.
- Choose Settings and then Print Update before choosing Update Check Now.
You may also want to clean the printhead by following the following steps:
- Load white paper to your input tray and choose the right arrow on your printer control panel.
- Choose Setup, then Tools, and finally Clean Printhead.
- Wait until the whole process is finished and the report is printed.
When it comes to fixing this issue of the cartridge, removing the printhead can also be a solution if nothing else works as mentioned above. In addition to removal, you should also allow resetting, reinstallation and eventual replacement. This could be the steps needed to get the printer back in shape and remove this error.