Thinking of how to fix HP printer ink cartridge problems? You’re certainly in the right place. This error typically occurs in HP Photosmart All-In-One Printers like B009, B110, and B010, among others. The printer control panel will display the error message for the Ink Cartridge, and you won’t be able to print it too.
You should make sure that only genuine HP cartridges are used for printers. This is very important, and if you are using incompatible cartridges, make sure that you purchase a replacement cartridge that will solve the problem in most cases.
Also, the cartridges should be properly installed. Here are some of the points to be kept in mind in this regard.
- Turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door. The carriage shall be shifted to the right of the device. Wait till the carriage goes silent and idle.
- Ensure the symbol on the cartridge label matches the symbol on the cartridge slot. Check for cartridges that are unseated and, if they are, bring them in place gently by pressing them down. The printhead latch should be in the right position downward.
- Close the access door accordingly.
Handy ways on how to fix HP printer ink cartridge problems
You may also choose to uninstall and reinstall printer cartridges. This includes the following steps:
- Open the access door of the cartridge and wait until the cart goes silent and idle.
- To release the same, click the cartridge tab’s front portion and pull it up and out of the slot.
- In case a specific cartridge is already highlighted by an error message, make sure you locate that one.
- In case no specific cartridge is specified, remove all cartridges one by one.
- Once again, reinstall the cartridges with the contacts facing the printer cart. Make sure that you put them in their proper slots and that they are properly seated.
You may also consider cleaning electrical contact with a lint-free cloth or dry cotton swabs when the cartridges are out—making sure that the cartridge is correctly held up with the nozzle facing upwards. The electrical contacts will be at the bottom, and you have to scrub them clean first. Then, wipe the electrical contacts present inside the printer carriage slot, which are four pins that are copper coloured. Wipe electrical contact with a dry cotton swab and insert the cartridge in the right slot.
Removal and reinstallation of cartridges is always a trick. You can also unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when it is turned on and reset the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait 15-20 seconds before the strings are reconnected, and the printer is powered. The cartridge will have to be replaced as well, or you may have to change the printhead. If nothing else works, you can schedule an appointment for servicing your HP printer.