Generally, the most valuable asset connected to your PC / device is a printer that converts your analog soft input to hard output on paper. Where is the value if your printer is not printing due to an error on the printer control panel?
A printer that does not usually print documents will make an EIO 2 error with a CODE 82.0180 error. It will not print any documents, and it does not work. The steps to solve them are as follows:
- Remove the Jet Direct Card and reinstall it in the secondary bay.
- Replace your Jet Direct Card with a new one
- Reset Printer Settings
How to Identify the Error
When nothing seems to do the trick of printing the documents and the error appears on the control panel. The machine behaves and usually operates as if printing a paper was a success, but the printer really never got the order and got stuck. Each time you give the print command, it will show that the data has been received, but will never print, even though the printer is on the domain network and is accessible to all computers and all computers on the network.
Generally, these types of issues occur in the printer style HP LASERJET P2055Dn, where the Jet Direct Card is faulty more often than usual.
REST THE JET DIRECT CARD: The reset of the Direct Jet Card will also help to fix an error that is usually an operating system error. Steps to reset the Direct Jet Card are as follows:
- Go on and hold the test button for approximately five seconds and not less.
- For cold reset, unplug the power cord from the HP jet direct print device, which is comparatively a simple way, then hold the check button for no more than 30 seconds when connecting to the wireless power cord.
Several methods are described below to configure a TCP / IP address. In short, these include:
- Using the printer or plotter control panel
- Using the web browser to access the embedded web server on the HP Jetdirect print server.
- Usage of Telnet on a computer
- Usage of HP software, such as the following:
- HP Web Jetadmin
- Installer of HP Jetdirect Printer for UNIX
The IP address can also be changed using the front panel of the HP Jetdirect device, which will help you to solve the issue and set the right conditions for the Jetdirect device.
Use the TCP / IP Configuration Front Control Panel search and search to get back to your default settings once you’re done with the reset or start changing the drive card.
The above steps will help you learn how to fix your HP printer Error 82.0180 EIO 2.