One of the most common errors faced by HP printer users is error 0xc18a0206. Users often face this error, so here’s a fast guide on how to resolve HP printer error 0xc18a0206. Read the following article to solve the problem with ease. Should you need more assistance, you will get to HP Printer Help and get to grips with the problem in no time!
Error 0xc18a0206 shows the ink system failure error in the printer control panel.
What are the reasons for this error?
- The entire setup of your HP printer is not correctly installed.
- Printer cartridges low message.
- The printer cartridge may be damaged and not properly inserted.
How can I solve the Error?
Solution 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges.
Solution 2: Printer reset
- For some instances, the removing of ink cartridges and the reset of the printer will fix an error message.
- Turn on the printer.
- Have patience until you continue until the printer is silent and idle.
- Now, unplug the USB cable from the printer ‘s back.
- Unless the printer has a connection to the network or wireless, leave the printer linked to the network or wireless.
- Now take out your printer with the ink cartridges.
- Then you can disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and also the rear of the printer if the printer still is on.
- Hang around at least for 60 seconds.
- Afterwards, plug the power cord back into the wall socket.
- Please notice that HP Printer suggests that the power cable of the printer be attached directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cable to the printer ‘s back.
- Turn on the printer again if it doesn’t automatically turn on.
- The printer will go during a warm-up period.
- The printer lights could flash and the truck could move.
- Be cautious until the time of warm-up is over and the printer is quiet and inactive until continuing.
- Insert the ink cartridges again and close the entrance to the ink cartridge
- You will do the same if you receive a message for printing a calibration page.
- When the USB cable has been wrongly disconnected, reconnect the cable to the back of the printer.
- Now finally, try to print.
Step1: Select * and # at the same time
Step2: Select 1 , 2 , 3 and “ support R0632 M ” should display
Step3: Select > and “Information menu” should be displayed
Step4: Select > and “Configuration menu” should be displayed
Step5: Select OK and “Status of hardware failure” should be displayed
Step6: Select OK “Clear status failure.” Press OK to clear.
Step7: Select CANCEL
Step8: Turn off the printer, disconnect the power cord for 2 minutes, and plug the cord back in and turn the printer back on.
Please contact the HP printer customer assistance in case the problem appears.