The primary occurrence of HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106 is the HP PhotoSmart Printer. This error is usually due to outdated cartridges. HP Printer Error Code 0XC18A0106 states that the ink system in your HP Printer has failed. HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106 also appears due to interruption during the installation of a new cartridge. When you want to know how to fix HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106, use the following solutions and apply them to your HP Printer.
Various ways of fixing HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106
Solution 1: OFF and ON your HP Printer
- Turn off your HP Printer by pressing the ‘OK,’ ‘Cancel’ and ‘Color’ buttons at the same time.
- Wait a few seconds and turn on your printer again by pressing the ‘OK,’ ‘Cancel’ and ‘Color’ buttons at once.
- Follow the two steps above for two seconds.
- Now, see if the error appears or not.
- If the HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106 still appears on the LCD screen of your printer, go to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Resetting your HP Printer
- Disconnect all of your printer’s USB cables and remove the cartridges without turning off the printer.
- Now, wait for the ‘Insert Cartridges’ message to appear on the LCD screen of the printer.
- Now remove the printer’s power cable and wait a few seconds.
- After a few seconds, plug the power cable back into the printer and turn the printer on by pressing the power button. Press the Power button only if the printer does not turn on automatically.
- Now, reinsert the cartridges in the printer and close all the access doors that have been opened.
- If you get a message to print the calibration page, do the process.
- Now, plug all USB cables back into your printer and start the printing process.
- If the error still appears, then perform solution 3.
Solution 3: Try the ink initializing process
- First of all, access the Support Menu by pressing and holding the ‘*’ and ‘#’ keys at a time and releasing the two keys. The message ‘Enter Special Key Combo’ must be displayed. Press and release the 1, 2, and 3 keys in the sequence if it appears. Now, the display has to show ‘Support.’
- Go to the ‘System Configuration’ menu in the ‘Support’ menu.
- Now, click the ‘Status of Hardware Failure’ option.
- The ‘Clear’ message is displayed on the screen. Tap the ‘OK’ option to clear it.
- Click the Cancel to proceed when the Hardware Failure Status Cleared appears on the screen.
- Until the “Photosmart Express Welcome” or “Ink System Failure” message appears on the screen, press the Cancel button again.
- Now turn off your HP printer and wait a few seconds.
- Switch on the printer and let the printer start the ‘Initialization process one-time ink’ and do not interrupt it.
- Once completed, the printer will print the diagnostic page automatically.
- Now, do a print job to check whether the error has been fixed or not.
- If not, replace the ink cartridge with the new one.