Have you ever got an error message on your Brother Printer’s LED screen when you scan your document? Have you experienced such a problem even when the print command works well, and the printer receives commands on your wireless connection? The “Check Connection” error message typically comes when you read a document on your Brother Printer Error Connection because the printer can not recognize the USB cable, LAN cable or wireless network connection.
Quick Tips & Tricks How to Fix Brother Printer Error Check Connection
Below are a few quick tips and tricks on how to fix Brother Printer Error Check Connection:
- Brother recommends uninstalling and restarting the system and then reinstalling the application to resolve the problem of ‘Check Connection error message.’
- Try to scan a document using the Control Center software ‘Scan’ option. If the printer responds your query through the Control Center but not the ‘Scan’ button on the Brother Device, check the Firewall settings.
- We suggest you check your firewall settings because the security application might block communication with your scanner. If it is allowed, turn it off and try again to scan the document.
- You can now try scanning a document by clicking “Scan” on the machine. When the device scans the document, it means that the firewall previously blocked communication. If you cannot scan, please verify that the ‘Scan To’ button is on the network.
- If a Control Center error message is received while searching, use the Control Center application. You can download the scanner driver from www.brother-usa.com if the software of the Control Center is not installed.
- If your machine is connected via Wi-Fi and can not scan a document, two or more computers may be connected to the network, which could cause this problem.
- For two or more active network connections, verify your Mac. Sometimes more than two wireless connections are connected to the computer. Choose one connection and disable the other connection.
- Try to run away from power by turning off your Brother Printer, your computer and your router. Then wait 30 seconds before all the devices are turned on. Power Flee is a process that removes excess power from your device.
- Download your Brother Printer scanner driver, reboot your computer and reinstall the scanner driver from www.brother-usa.com. Upon completion of the installation process, try scanning a document by trying to push the scan button on your device.
- If you have a home computer, then try scanning the document via this computer. If this works, please contact the manufacturer of your computer and check your PC.
If you can not fix the ‘Check Connection’ error message on your Brother Printer after following the above tips and tricks, it is advisable to contact your PC manufacturer or Internet Service Provider for additional assistance.