Here’s a common hardware issue faced by people who use Brother Printer Error A6. You may have received the very common ‘A6 error’ some times while printing the essential word document for a meeting. Remember, this is the error message you see on your inkjet printer’s LCD screen that reads: “Unable to Clean: Brother Machine Error A6.”
Troubleshooting Steps Explaining How to Fix Brother Printer Error A6
Error A6 generally happens when the printer’s ink absorber pad is full and needs to be replaced. The Ink Absorber pad is a sponge pad inside the printer that soaks up the excess ink that accumulates during the printing process. The ink absorber pad can be located at the bottom of the printer.
Do you wonder if your printer’s ink absorber is full and needs to be replaced? All you need to do is print a test sheet and look for excess ink on your print out. If your printed sheets are full of ink discharges, then the time has come to replace the absorber. Go ahead and contact Brother Printer for technical help in this regard.
However, if the printouts you have taken appear to be fine with pointed text, then the ink absorber is not full. And your printer might have to deal with a software issue. Sometimes the printer software gives the Error A6 before the ink sponge is complete because it does not measure the saturation of the ink sponge. The saturation level of the sponge in the printer is determined by a purge counter that keeps track of the number of cleanses and printing cycles performed by the Brother printer.
Now, let’s take these quick and easy troubleshooting steps to illustrate how to repair Brother Printer Error A6. Before we start, it’s essential to check whether or not your Brother Printer system is under warranty. If yes, please contact Brother Help and, if not, follow the following steps:
- Unplug the printer power cord.
- Press the Start button for 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in a while, holding the button.
- Click the button until you see the option ‘Maintenance’ on the printer screen.
Now, we will reset the purge counter. But it is essential to know what type of Brother Printer you own before you do that. There are two different models of the Brother Printers – one comes with a number keypad, and the other comes with a numeric keypad. Check your type of printer and start with the following steps:
- To open the options for printers with a number keypad, type 80. You should use the arrow keys to scroll through the options and check for Purge followed by a number, say ‘Enter 2783.’ Set the number next to the Purge to zero. Click Exit to go back to the Maintenance menu. To exit, enter 99 and restart the printer.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the number for printers without a number keypad. For example, navigate to 0 and then press Set. Once again, click through the options and find Purge with a number count next to it. Using the OK button to enter the number 2,7,8,3 to set the purge counter to 00000.
So, next time you face the same problem, fix Brother Printer Error A6 on your reliable Brother Printer by simply changing the printer settings.