It’s pretty easy to connect the brother hl 2270dw printer to the wifi. The Brother machine can be easily connected to the wireless network if one has a WLAN access point or router that supports WPS or AOSS, also known as AirStation One-Touch Secure System.
To use wifi Protected Set Up or WPS, one should confirm whether the WLAN has a WPS access.
- The Brother computer should be positioned within the range of the WPS or AOSS access point/router to configure wireless settings. Depending on the environment, however, the range can change.
- Next, make sure the wireless card is attached, and the computer is turned on until it is ready.
- Next, keep the WPS or the AOSS button for a few seconds on your WLAN control pointer or router. The time the button is kept will depend on the wifi connection point.
- The wireless setup button must then be placed at the back of the unit and pressed down for less than 2 seconds. A pointy object should be used to press the button like a ballpoint pen.
- Note: It is necessary to remember that the button should not be pressed for more than 3 seconds or changed to the wifi Protected Setup mode PIN process.
- If all goes well, the system can check for the wifi Protected Set-up access point/router. The Toner LED, and the Drum LED will continue to blink all this time.
- One must wait until the Ready LED on the computer indicates that the machine is connected. The Ready LED will be turned on for 5 minutes, indicating that the system has been successfully connected to wifi.
- It is important to remember that the printer is not connected to the WLAN router if the Ready LED does not light. One should check for any error codes that the computer has flashed.
In addition, a printer driver may be installed for a network connection if it has not been correctly installed. Even if you print with the aid of a USB connection, you need to install a printer driver for a network connection.
To do this, one must switch on the computer and ensure that the administrator privileges are logged into it.
The CD ROM installation must be inserted, and the driver should be downloaded and installed as directed.