If the HP printer is connected to a wireless network and the connection drops while printing, the status of the printer will be shown as offline on the PC. You can, however, take the necessary troubleshooting steps for HP printers not connecting problems and make the optimum use of their wireless capabilities.
Reboot the wireless router, printer, and Computer
When you download something on your Computer, stop it before you continue with the following steps:
- Switch off the Wi-Fi network when the power cord or power button is unplugged.
- Shut down and remove the Ethernet or USB cables from the printer.
- Exit and shut down all running programs on the Mac.
- Turn on the router and wait for its light to display connected status.
- Switchback on the printer, followed by the system.
If the wireless connection is still going down, move on to the next step.
Change the name of your wireless network.
Changing the Wi-Fi network SSID used to connect to the printer may resolve the device issue on the HP printer that is not connected to the internet. When you have multiple routers with the same SSID, changing one to classify routers will solve the issue because of incorrect wireless connections or connection drops.
Please note that you can reconnect compatible devices or computers to the right network after changing the wireless network name as the printer was connected to.
On the setup page of the router, find the menu that lets users alter the network name.
- Assign a new name that is unique and memorable, and save your changes.
- Reconnect the HP printer to your new Wi-Fi network.
- If your HP printer has a text-based and LCD control panel, then choose Setup > Network or Wireless menu and select Wireless Setup Wizard. Then follow the prompts shown on your LCD screen to connect the HP printer to the network.
- If your printer has a basic control panel with buttons, press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router when the wireless light flashes on the printer and wait for a new connection to the network to be established.
If following the above steps does not help reestablish the connection, contact professional HP printer support for a thorough diagnosis of the wireless printer.