Users of HP printers may have learned about or used the Windows operating system HP Print and Scan Doctor software. It is a free printer/scanner diagnostic tool that allows the user to solve the most common printer and scanning problems with HP scanners/printers. For almost all Windows versions, this software works very well and can be of great help when the printer fails.
Issues That HP Print and Scan Doctor Can Solve
This software is a massive help to a lot of users because it can fix all the teething issues that HP printers usually complain about. Here are some of the problems that have been resolved by HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Misconfigured or corrupt HP printer driver
- Error messages while scanning
- Missing drivers for printers
- Connectivity issues for printers
- The printer being offline
- Print jobs getting stuck in the queue
- Firewall problems
It is very quick to be using the HP Print and scan software to address printer problems. The following steps are explained.
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software
The first step is to download the software to your Windows Computer. The measures to do so are explained below.
- Turn the printer on and make sure it’s connected to your computer.
- Download the software for HP Print and Scan. The download will be completed in a few seconds because the software is compact. Next is the step of installation.
Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software
If the download is finished, you can right-click the executable file. You will find the file in the folder for downloads. Follow the steps below for the software installation.
- When you right-click on the downloaded file, you will see a menu from which you can select Run.
- Wait a minute for the software to extract. When prompted by the User Account Control, make sure you click Yes.
- Accept the terms and conditions and wait until the installation is completed successfully.
The installation will be completed quickly, and once the installation is completed successfully, the program will open automatically.
Using the Program to Fix Issues
- You must click on the Start tab on the welcome screen for the list of all available printers.
- Select the printer you need to fix from the list and click Next
- If the problem printer is not listed, or if there are any connection problems, you need to click on the choice. My device is not listed. You will be told by the diagnostic tool to transform the printer offline. Make the step and try again. It’s going to search again and hopefully find the printer again. If you are still unsuccessful, you can re-click My product and confirm that the printer is on. You can now try to resolve the problem by clicking Connect.
- Select the way the printer is connected to the computer, e.g., via USB. Until clicking Retry, follow the on-screen directions. The HP printer could eventually be identified in the list of printers installed.
Fixing Printing Issues
- Click on Fix Printing. The software works with the printer to recognize all potential issues.
- To fix issues, you must follow the step-by-step instructions on-screen. These instructions may depend on the problem being worked on. Make sure you take action recommended by the software.
Fixing Scanning Issues
- You need to click Fix Scanning to fix the scanning issues.
- Follow the instructions step-by-step. The software can find and fix several issues related to HP printers.
Interpreting Troubleshooting Results
- The printer checkmark indicates that it is perfectly healthy and has passed all the checks.
- A wrench means that some issues with the printer have been identified and fixed by the software.
- The exclamation mark indicates that the app has problems and that you may have skipped the move requested by the software.
- The X mark indicates that you will need to follow the highlighted steps to resolve issues with the printer.
HP Print and Scan Doctor may need to be updated occasionally; sometimes, you need to reinstall the program even if it is installed on your computer. This step may be required if the application has detected that the problem can only be resolved by updating the program files. For example, the software can ask you for permission to reinstall outdated or missing printer drivers.
If you have any more questions about the utility or help with any specific printer issues, please contact printer tech support experts via the toll-free number.